- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pimento
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 frozen biscuits, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 7×11-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer onion to a bow; stir chicken, chicken soup, sour cream, milk, and pimentos with the onion. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken and sauce are hot, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese; arrange biscuits in a single layer over chicken mixture. Top with remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven and bake until sauce is bubbling and the biscuits are golden brown, 20 more minutes.