Back to Top
- MAKES 2 LOAVES (8 1/2 X 4 1/2 INCH)
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks, 3/4 cup) butter, softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, light or regular, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large bananas)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar until very light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and bananas.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- In a small bowl, mash together the topping ingredients until combined and crumbly.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the bread is nicely domed and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let rest in the pans for 5-10 minutes before turning out on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Info :