- 1 yellow cake mix (and ingredients listed on the package)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 1½ cups Cool Whip
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven and prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Spray two 9-inch round pans with cooking spray then lightly flour.
- Bake cake according to package directions; until golden brown and center passes the toothpick test. Once done, let cakes cool and invert on a wire rack to cool further.
- Beat 1 cup of milk and pudding mix with a whisk or mixer for 2 minutes. Gently fold in whipped cream. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place one cake on serving plate, spread pudding mixture on top, then top off with second cake.
- Microwave chocolate and butter on high for one minute in a small microwave safe bowl. Stir until chocolate is melted. Add powdered sugar and 4 tablespoons milk; mix well until smooth. Spread over the top of the cake immediately letting drip down the sides. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.