- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp coarse ground mustard
- 2 tsp shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach, about 8 cups
- 1 large, ripe red pear, cored and thinly sliced into 12 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tbsp unsalted dry roasted almonds, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, water, maple syrup, mustard, shallots, salt, and black pepper until blended. While whisking, slowly add olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. Pour about 1/4 cup of the dressing into a large bowl. Add spinach and toss until evenly coated.
- Divide spinach among 4 salad plates (about 2 cups each). Top each salad with 3 pear slices, 1 tablespoon cranberries, and 1 1/2 tablespoons almonds. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of remaining dressing.
Per serving: 6 Smartpoints
Serves : 4