SmartPoints : 9
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crab meat
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 heaping tablespoon finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plain (nonfat) Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Combine crab meat, half the breadcrumbs, bell pepper, half the beaten eggs, celery, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, chives, and cilantro/parsley together and form 8 equal sized balls. Flatten into crabcake-sized disks and smooth the edges for each.
- Place remaining beaten egg in one dish, remaining half cup breadcrumbs in another, and flour in another dish. Dip a crabcake into the flour, then the egg, and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Place a pan over medium heat with one tablespoon of the olive oil. Allow oil to warm until it is shimmering, about a minute.
- Place 4 of the crabcakes in the pan. Cook until crisp on the bottom, for about 3 to 4 minutes, and flip and cook on the other side for an additional 4 minutes until golden crisp. Place on paper towel lined plate. Repeat with second batch. Top with sauce or serve it on the side.
Nutritional Info :
- Serving Size: 2 cakes
- SmartPoints: 9
- Calories: 347
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 1172mg
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 30g