Cowboy Cookies — These cowboy cookies are packed with oats, chocolate chips, Cornflakes, and shredded coconut. This is a flexible recipe that you can make with different mix-ins to suit whatever is in your pantry!
How to Make Cowboy Cookies
To make this easy cookie recipe, you’ll first need to cream together the egg, sugars, butter, and vanilla until well combined and slightly pale in color. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add in the flour, baking soda, salt, and oats. Keep mixing until just combined.
Gently fold in the coconut, chocolate chips, and chopped pecans before scooping the cookies into balls and placing on a baking sheet. You’ll need to refrigerate the cookie dough for a minimum of 2 hours before baking.
Once in the oven, these cowboy cookies will need to bake for roughly 10 to 12 minutes. You’ll know they’re ready to come out of the oven when the edges are set. The tops may seem pale and glossy still, but remember that the residual heat inside the cookies will finish cooking them once they’re on your counter.
TRY THESE OTHER OVER-THE-TOP COOKIES:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – The Best Chewy Cafe-Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies – Amazing Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – Easy to assemble, deliciously Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
- Brown Sugar Cookies – It’s not the holidays without an epic cookie swap! We’re sharing our most popular Christmas cookies ever, so your sweet treat will be the star of the party.
To Make this Cowboy Cookies Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 ½ cups packed light-brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups unsweetened flake coconut
2 cups chopped pecans (8 ounces)