- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage, (about 4 links), casings removed
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1½ cups finely chopped celery
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds prepared cornbread, cut into ¾-inch cubes (about 12 cups)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1½-3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring and breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 10 minutes. Add onion and celery; cover, reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add cornbread, parsley and sage.
- Bring broth to a simmer in a small saucepan. Pour 1 cup over the stuffing mixture and toss gently (the cornbread will break into smaller pieces). Add as much of the remaining broth as needed, ½ cup at a time, until the stuffing feels moist but not wet. Spoon the stuffing into the prepared pan and cover with foil.
- Bake the stuffing until thoroughly heated, about 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Source : allrecipes.com