- 1 (8.5 oz.) corn bread mix
- 1 (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chilies, drained and chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup salsa (your preference)
- 1 1/2 Mexican 4 cheese blend
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400∫ F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together milk, egg, butter and cornbread mix until well incorporated.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until just set.
- Combine enchilada sauce, salsa, green chilies, corn, cumin and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
- Remove cornbread from oven, poke the top of cornbread all over with a fork, and pour enchilada salsa mixture over the top.
- Spread shredded chicken on top and sprinkle cheese over everything.
- Return to oven and cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until cornbread is cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Remove and let cool 5-10 minutes, garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
Source : allrecipes.com