- 1 12-oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 17-oz. cans cream style corn
- 5 lightly beaten eggs (or 1¼ cups liquid egg substitute)
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ cup milk (I have used skim, 1%, and 2% and all have worked fine)
- ½ cup melted butter, margarine, or vegetable oil spread (like Smart Balance)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a 3 qt. casserole dish or 9×13 in. glass baking dish (or even disposable aluminum pan) with cooking spray or oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn and eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, seasoned salt, dry mustard, and dried minced onion. Add this mixture to the corn mixture, and stir to combine.
- Stir in the milk and melted butter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring once, or until set and lightly browned, but still soft.