Last summer at the county fair my mother entered a coleslaw contest. The winner would either be deemed Mr. or Miss Coleslaw USA. Well, my mama made the following recipe and she won that contest like a champ. The judges actually finished their portions of the coleslaw instead of just taking one bite. My mom was in her glory. Hey, I am not surprised that she won this contest. Her classic coleslaw is a hit.
One thing you need to know about this classic coleslaw recipe is that it is very easy to make. Anyone can master making this yummy side dish.
Are you super stoked to get this wonderful recipe in your possession? Great! I’ll end your waiting by guiding you over to the next page (just click the link below). Once there, you’ll have all the details on how to make this amazing dish. Happy baking!
Quick Tip: Classic coleslaw goes well alongside almost all entrees.
Whenever we have a picnic or invite friends over for a summer party I always make a big ‘ol bowl of classic coleslaw. Everyone devours it like nobody’s business. My husband especially loves classic coleslaw over any other salad. Now, my kiddos, they aren’t so partial to it as they aren’t cabbage fans but that’s ok, They can chow down on the potato salad. This recipe is very easy to make and it tastes great!
Did you make this classic coleslaw salad? If so, please let me know in the comments how it turned out. thanks!
Coleslaw USA RECIPE
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 Tbsp Duke’s mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon French’s yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons Heinz apple cider vinegar or wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more to taste)
- Place the cabbage, carrot, and onions in a large bowl. Add the dressing ingredients and gently mix so that all of the shredded cabbage is coated with the dressing.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately.