- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (see Notes)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1½ cups white whole-wheat flour (see Notes)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups reduced-fat sour cream or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ cup packed confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder mixed with 2 tablespoons hot water or 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 10-cup Bundt pan or tube pan with cooking spray.
- To prepare streusel: Combine 3 tablespoons each all-purpose flour, brown sugar and hazelnuts, 2 tablespoons espresso powder and melted butter in a small bowl.
- To prepare cake: Whisk white-whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir together sour cream (or yogurt) and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, oil and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until well combined. Add eggs and egg whites, beating after each addition until just incorporated. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream (or yogurt) mixture, starting and ending with the dry ingredients and beating on low speed just until incorporated after each addition, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Spoon half the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with the reserved streusel. Top with the remaining batter and smooth the top.
- Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare glaze: Place confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon espresso mixture (or coffee) and stir until smooth. Add up to 1 tablespoon more of the liquid to thin the glaze to desired consistency. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake. Garnish with chopped hazelnuts, if desired.
Source : allrecipes.Com