- 125 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 60 g butter
- 1 tsp caster sugar small
- 1 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 60 g margarine
- 60 g caster sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 60 g desiccated coconut
- 30 g self-raising flour sifted
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 190C. Prepare 16-18 patty tins.
- STEP 2Sift the plain flour and salt in a bowl. Rub in butter lightly and stir in sugar; add the egg yolk and enough water to mix to a firm dough. Turn onto floured board and knead lightly. Roll out, cut large rounds and line patty tins. Put a little jam in each.
- STEP 3Cream the margarine and the sugar together and beat in the egg a little at a time. Fold in the coconut and self-raising flour and add a little water if necessary, to give a soft dropping consistency.
- STEP 4Place spoonfuls in the lined patty tins and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
You can make a fancy edge to the pastry if you wish.