Serves: 50 pieces
- 1 organic lime
- 150 g grated coconut
- 4 level tablespoons flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150 g icing sugar
- 50 thin wafers (Backoblaten) (40 mm in diameter)
- Rinse the lime, dry rub and grate the peel finely. Mix the grated lime peel with the grated coconut and flour in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice, measuring 1 teaspoon. Separate the eggs (you can use the egg yolks for another recipe). Mix the egg whites, salt and lime juice with a hand mixer until stiff.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and continue to beat until a shiny, firm meringue is formed.
- Fold in the egg whites evenly into the coconut flour mixture using a rubber spatula. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Evenly distribute the thin wafers on the baking sheet, placing them about 5 mm apart. Add the beaten egg whites using a large piping bag, putting the meringue on the top and leaving a little space near the edges.
- Let dry the coconut macaroons for about 6 hours at room temperature. Then bake in a preheated oven at 175° C. Bake on the 2nd shelf from the bottom for about 8-12 minutes, until the surface has browned very slightly. Let the coconut macaroons cool on an oven rack.
Nutritional Info :
WW points: 2, WW points plus: 2,Calories: 105 Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 11 g Fiber: 2 g Protein: 1 g