- 2 cups finely crushed gingersnap cookies
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 large egg yolks
- 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9″X9″ baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on the sides, and lightly spray with nonstick spray. Mix together the melted butter and brown sugar. Set aside.
- To make the crust, pulverize the crunchy gingersnap cookies into a fine crumb with a food processor. Pour into a medium sized bowl and mix with melted butter and brown sugar mixture. Press firmly and evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the egg yolks until incorporated. Beat in the condensed milk, coconut, lime juice, lime zest, and salt until combined. Pour into the warm crust once it’s done baking.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges of the bars begin to brown. Allow the bars to cool at room temperature in the pan or on a wire rack. Once cooled, place in the fridge to chill completely (at least 2 hours).
- Once chilled, lift the bars out of the pan using the foil overhang. Cut into squares. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar.
Source : allrecipes.com