- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, plus more for buttering pan
- 1 (6.3 ounce) package GOYA(R) Chocolate Maria Cookies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 ounce) can Coco GOYA(R) Cream of Coconut, stirred
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon GOYA(R) Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9″x13″ cake pan with foil so that 2″ foil hangs over each side. Butter pan; set aside. In bowl of food processor, add Maria cookies and sugar; pulse until fine crumbs form, about 30 seconds. Add melted butter; pulse to evenly moisten crumbs. Transfer crumbs to prepared pan; using spatula or bottom of glass, press crumbs into even layer. Bake crust until lightly puffed and fragrant, 12-15 minutes; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in medium mixing bowl, using electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, cream of coconut and salt on medium-high speed until well combined, 3-4 minutes. Reduce speed to low; beat in eggs, one at a time, and then vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared pan. Evenly sprinkle coconut over top. Bake until edges of cheesecake is puffed but middle is barely set, 45 minutes. Cool cheesecake on cooling rack until room temperature. Chill in refrigerator, uncovered, until cold, at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- To remove cheesecake from pan, lifting up foil handles; transfer to cutting board. Cut cheesecake into squares. Serve.
recipes adapted from:allrecipes