For the bars:
- ¼ cup/30g raisins (briefly soaked in warm water to soften)
- ½ cup/60g raw pecans
- ½ cup/60g raw walnuts
- ½ cup/ 40g unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup/48g coconut sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
For the topping:
- ½ cup/120ml Coconut nectar
- ½ cup/120ml Coconut butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup/30g raw pecans , coarsely chopped
- Line a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Start by soaking the raisins in warm water for about 5-10 minutes, then drain and pat them dry before proceeding.
- Place the pecans, walnuts, coconut, cinnamon, coconut sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the soaked raisins and process until the mixture starts to clump together (like shortbread dough).
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Flatten the mixture firmly and evenly in the pan using your hands or the back of a spoon.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut nectar, coconut butter (if your coconut butter is very solid at room temperature rewarm it gently in a bowl set over a larger bowl of warm water before mixing with the coconut nectar), vanilla extract and a pinch of salt until thoroughly combined and caramel-like. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Carefully spread the caramel evenly on top of the crust using with the back of a spoon.
- Cover loosely and place in fridge to firm for at least an hour.
- Lift the bars from the pan, transfer to a cutting board and cut into bars. Serve at room temperature and store leftovers in the fridge.
Source : allrecipes.com