- SMARTPOINTS: 5
- 1 6 SERVINGS
- 3 cups Nature’s Path Corn Flakes (fruit juice sweetened)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
-14 oz can coconut milk, full fat*
-1 lime, zest of
-4 tbsp lime juice (1-2 limes)
-3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 Place can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- 2 Line 8″ x 8″ baking dish with parchment paper leaving overhangs. Place glass bowl and mixer beaters in the freezer.
- 3 In a small food processor or powerful blender, process corn flakes until finely ground. Add to a medium bowl along with remaining Crust ingredients and thoroughly mix with spatula until well combined. Mixture should be crumbly sticking together into big lumps. Transfer to lined baking dish and level evenly with spatula not missing the edges. With a bottom of a glass or large measuring cup, press crust down to pack tightly. Place in the freezer while you are making the filling.
- 4 Open can of refrigerated coconut milk and scoop out white cream into chilled bowl and refrigerate clear liquid separately and use in smoothies etc. It doesn’t matter if some clear liquid got mixed a bit with cream. Beat coconut cream with a mixer for a few minutes. It doesn’t have to get thick and fluffy as a whipped cream, and thickness will depend on how well coconut cream separated from clear liquid. Add remaining Filling ingredients and beat until well mixed.
- 5 Pour on top of previously prepared crust and level with spatula. Freeze for at least 2 hours. Holding onto flaps remove bars from the baking dish, place on a cutting board and cut into 16 squares using sharp long knife (wipe with towel in between cuts for clean look). Serve frozen or a bit thawed.
Nutritional Info :
- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving = 1 square:
- Calories: 114.3
- Total Fat: 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat : 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 36.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 13.4 g
- Sugars: 6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 0.9 g