- Dough Ingredients:
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
- 5 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes. I used my kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and it was so easy and worked great!
- Roll out the dough in a large square on a floured surface. Brush the dough with the melted butter. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of the melted butter.
- Fold the dough in half. Cut the dough into one inch strips. A pizza cutter worked great for me!
- Twist the one inch strips of dough and place on a cookie sheet. Let that sit for another 10-15 minutes to raise.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. My oven took about 17 minutes for these to be lightly brown.
- To make the cream cheese glaze, combine softened cream cheese, softened butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until combined and smooth. Drizzle on top of the breadtwists.
Source : allrecipes.Com