- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, and salt.
- In a second bowl combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined and smooth (don’t overmix).
- Spread half of the batter into your prepared pan. In a small bowl whisk together remaining cinnamon and sugar and pecans. Sprinkle half of cinnamon mixture over the batter in the pan. Use a knife to gently swirl cinnamon sugar into batter.
- Top with remaining batter, then sprinkle remaining cinnamon mixture over the top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean except for a few crumbs (no wet batter). Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Whisk together all frosting ingredients. Drizzle over coffee cake and serve.