- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large apples (we like Granny Smith), peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pecans, chopped, garnish
- maple syrup, optional
- Combine quinoa with water, milk and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover saucepan and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Then remove from heat and use a fork to fluff quinoa.
- Heat butter in a medium pan over medium-high heat and add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir everything together so the apples are all coated and saute until apples are softened and tender and sauce has caramelized. 12-15 minutes.
- Transfer quinoa to serving bowls, drizzle in 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup, and top with cinnamon apples and pecans. Serve hot and enjoy!
Source : allrecipes.com