One of these delicious fall-flavored muffins will only set you back 129 calories and 5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints, and yet it still has that classic sweet and comforting taste.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon clove
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup Silk® Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 1 sweet apple, diced (such as a Braeburn)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line 12 muffin tins with paper liners, or spray generously with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla, yogurt and almondmilk.
- Pour the liquid mix into the dry mix and stir to combine with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Fold in the diced apples and spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the streusel topping ingredients, and break up the butter with your fingers. Evenly sprinkle the topping over the unbaked muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Allow to rest in the muffin tins for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Per Serving: (1 muffin)
- Calories: 129
- Calories from fat: 15
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Sodium: 153mg
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein: 3g
- WWP+: 4
- SmartPoints: 5
The nutrition content of recipes on 1KRecipes.com has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.