3 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups almond milk (or any other milk of your choice)
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce*
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 3/4 cups rolled oats (use gluten free if necessary)
2 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1/4 inch
1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries (I used blackberries & blueberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly coat the inside 9×13 casserole or baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until combined. Add apple sauce, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice and baking powder. Stir in oats then fold in the apple chunks.
- Spread batter into prepared pan evenly and top with berries of your choice.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden and the center is no longer jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and serve topped with extra berries and maple syrup if desired. Toasted pecans or walnuts would be great as well.
Source : allrecipes.com