Quinoa is simmered in apple juice and chopped apples for a sweet, hearty breakfast to start the day.
- 2-3 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup cooked quinoa |
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp raw turbinado sugar
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup apple, diced
- In a saucepan, bring water, almond, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon to a boil. Add the quinoa, and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook the quinoa on medium-low heat for 15 minutes (or until liquid has been absorbed)
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and gently stir in diced apples.
Nutritional Info :
Calories: 195 | Total Fat: 11.2 g | Saturated Fat: 8.7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 9 mg | Carbohydrates: 20.6 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.0 g | Sugars: 2.3 g | Protein: 4.7 g | SmartPoints: 8