- 1 pound of white chocolate, chopped
- 1 pound of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 box of peppermint candy canes (11-12oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- Break up peppermint candy canes in a plastic bag, setting aside 1/4 of the pieces.
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate until all pieces are smooth, then add in 1/4 tsp. of peppermint extract.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet pan that has been lined with wax paper and spread evenly. Chill approximately one hour.
- Now, melt the white chocolate until all pieces are smooth, add 1/4 tsp. of peppermint extract and 3/4 of the crushed peppermint pieces.
- Spread the white chocolate over the dark chocolate use a spatula and spread to the edge of the pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining peppermint pieces.
- Chill until hardened (about 4 hours or overnight) then break apart into bite size pieces and serve or package into gifts.
bark will keep in refrigerator 5-6 weeks.