Christmas nougat is one of my favorite treats to make and to give away as gifts, so yummy and perfect to bring to a Christmas party.
- 250 g white chocolate
- 250 g white marshmallows
- 75 g almonds
- 75 g pistachios
- 75 g dried cranberries
- 30 g dark chocolate
- STEP 1Line a square cake tin with baking paper and spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- STEP 2Break white chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on medium for 1 minute. Remove from microwave, stir and if not melted return to microwave until chocolate has melted.
- STEP 3Add marshmallows to melted white chocolate and return bowl to microwave. Microwave on medium for 1 minute. Remove and stir to break up marshmallows. Mixture may need to be returned to microwave until it is smooth. If so, continue to microwave in 30 second bursts.
- STEP 4Once white chocolate and marshmallow mixture is smooth, add in almonds, pistachios and cranberries and mix quickly until combined.
- STEP 5Pour into prepared tin and smooth surface down by pressing on it lightly with a greased piece of baking paper. Place in fridge to set for 2 hours.
- STEP 6Once nougat has set, remove from fridge. Remove nougat from tin and cut into pieces.
- STEP 7Melt dark chocolate in microwave and drizzle melted chocolate over the top of nougat using a fork or chocolate can be placed into a piping bag. Allow to set, then enjoy.
I used a 20 x 20cm square cake tin. The mixture did not fill all of this tin, it was about 12cm wide x 20cm long. Nougat can be cut into any size. I cut mine into approx. 4cm square pieces. Use a good quality white chocolate. You can use blanched or natural almonds.
Source : Bestrecipes.com.au