- 1 (18-20 ounce) brownie mix
- 1 (16.5 ounce) chocolate cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- for White Chocolate Ganache:
- 10 ounce white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Andes peppermint crunch chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, cake mix, eggs, water, oil and extract with a wire whisk for about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven. Let cake cool for about 5-10 minutes in pan, then carefully turn cake onto cooling rack or serving plate to cool completely.
While cake is cooling, prepare ganache
- Combine chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, stoping to stir at 1 minute intervals, until chocolate is melted. Stir for about 2 minutes until shiny and smooth. Add extract and stir to combine.
- Cover ganache with plastic wrap, making sure wrap touches the surface of the ganache. Let cool, then pour over cooled cake. Sprinkle with Andes Peppermint Crunch Chips for garnish and enjoy!
**DO NOT USE ingredients or directions on cake and brownie box. Only use what’s listed in this recipe
**if you choose, you can leave out the peppermint extract for just a chocolate brownie cake.
**feel free to use chocolate chips instead of white chocolate for the ganache
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: JUSTAPINCH.COM