2 Packages dry yeast
¼ cup warm water
5 tablespoons butter
¾ cup warm milk
1/3 cup sugar
¾ TB salt
2 large eggs
1 egg yolk
3 ¾ cup flour
½ cup Nutella
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
Bottle of high-temperature stable frying oil (like peanut, soybean or sunflower)
1. Empty both packets into a bowl and mix well with ¼ cup warm water. Make sure the water is not too cold or scalding so that the yeast properly activates. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, grab a large mixing bowl and combine butter and milk. Whisk until smooth.
3. In the same bowl, whisk in sugar, salt, 1 egg, egg yolk and yeast mix. (Make sure yeast has been sitting out at least five to 10 minutes, or however long your packet recommends.) Add flour and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap pushed directly onto dough and let rise for one hour.
4. Roll dough out on a lightly-floured cutting board until it is around ¼-inch thick and resembles a pizza crust. Then, take a round cookie cutter or water glass and cut out as many circles as you can. Place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet or large serving plate.
5. To make egg wash, beat 1 egg and 2 teaspoons of water into a bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush top of dough disks, focusing on the outer edges and leaving the middle inch or so egg-free.
6. Scoop Nutella into a piping bag or Ziploc bag and cut off the corner. Squeeze approximately 1 tablespoon of Nutella into the center of half of one discs. Take another disc and place it on top, egg wash side down. Gently press sides of dough down so that they stick together. Repeat with the rest. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 45 minutes.
7. Fill a sturdy deep-bottom pan (like a wok or cast-iron) halfway with oil and heat on high until the oil is ready. (If you throw in a scrap of dough, it should bubble immediately and turn golden.) Gently place your donuts in the pan one by one, being sure not to overcrowd it — you’ll likely want to do multiple batches. Watch closely and flip when the donuts turn a deep golden brown after two minutes or so. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
8. Toss donuts in a cinnamon sugar and devour while warm.
Source : allrecipes.Com