Luxurious, glamorous and decadent are the words that come to mind when I see THIS!
Eclairs were the first gifts I got from my husband when we were still boyfriend-girlfriend. He asked my friends behind my back about my preferred gifts. They knew that flowers were not my thing except perhaps if it’s a single-stemmed rose. I am not too much into cheesy surprises too so balloons and teddy bears are out of the question. He asked the right sets of friends though because he presented a box of eclairs and a tall cup of coffee when he first declared his intention of wanting to get to know me romantically.
That was the time I knew his intentions were true. We were teased by our friends together, but I never took it seriously. Well, until that morning when he stood in front of my doorstep.
Men who research what a girl wants is worth taking seriously. It always means you are serious about wanting to get to know the girl. When my sons grow up, I will tell them to follow the footsteps of their father when it comes to getting to know a woman.
Why am I talking about this again? Oh yes, because of the eclairs. You see, our wedding anniversary is next month and I am pretty sure he’ll be giving me a box of eclairs again (for sentimental purposes).
It’s been a tradition between the two of us. He would come home with a box of eclairs and a cup of coffee for me. We’ll eat dinner composed of tomato-less lasagna (this is a story for another day) and share the eclairs.
It’s a simple celebration, but we both know it’s a special night.
Quick Tip: One box of graham crackers contains 3 individually wrapped packages of crackers. Use one package for each layer of this decadent no-bake dessert.
My husband and I had a lot of food adventures as a couple. Food is really one of the things that bind us together- it’s not a joke. Our first date was in a cafe where we shared a dessert. We celebrate momentous occasions as a couple by sharing our favorite food. It was a pretty simple relationship that’s why it lasted for a long time and now we’re here. Our lives just got better with the addition of those two little angels that brighten our day with every little thing they do. I can say that our life as a married couple is pretty dope.
I am glad this cake recipe came across my attention. I can easily make this for my family, wedding anniversary or not. My kids love this so much and it’s worth making this for them.
- 2 (3.5 oz.) boxes vanilla instant pudding
- 3 c. milk
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip
- Graham crackers
- ⅓ c. cocoa
- 1 c. milk
- 1 stick (1/2 c.) butter (or margarine)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
For the filling:
- 1. Combine pudding mix and milk; beat. Stir in Cool Whip.
- 2. Place a layer of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9×13″ dish. Spread 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers. Repeat with another layer of graham crackers and pudding; then top with a final layer of graham crackers.
For the topping:
- 3. Bring cocoa, milk, and sugar to a full rolling boil; boil about 1 minute, stirring very frequently. Remove from heat and cool one minute. Add butter and vanilla; stir until butter is melted.
- 4. Pour chocolate topping over the top layer of graham crackers.
- 5. Refrigerate overnight.
- That’s it! Enjoy!
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE.. PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!