Chocolate Coconut Whoopie Pies Recipe
- Chocolate Cookies:
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix (I always prefer Pillsbury mixes)
- 2 eggs
- ½ C. butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Coconut Cream Filling:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ C. butter, softened
- 1 ½ tsp. coconut extract
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
- Shredded coconut for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with parchment paper.
- Sift cake mix into a large bowl to remove any lumps.
- Add eggs, butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract and stir until combined well.
- Make dough balls the size of 1 or 1 ½ Tablespoons (depending on how large you want to finished product to be) and place on the cookies sheets 2 inches apart from each other. Gently pat down the cookies a little bit to that they don’t bake too tall.
- Bake for 7-12 minutes, depending on how fudgey or cakey you like your cookies.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese and butter for 2 minutes. Add coconut extract and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
- To assemble, frost the bottom of half of your cooled cookies. Then take the unfrosted cookies and pace them on top of the frosted ones creating your cookie “sandwiches.” Roll exposed edges in shredded coconut for added decoration.
Source : allrecipes.com