- makes 12 ( 5 points + )
- 1-¾ c. flour
- ½ c. packed brown sugar
- ¼ c. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 c. warm water
- ¼ c. canola oil
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ c. miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Combine flour and next five ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the water with the next four ingredients ( through the egg)
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Stir in ¼ c. chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Nutritional Info :
- 5 points +