- Chocolate Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 ⅔ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature and cubed
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar until creamy. 2-3 minutes. Add egg yolk and vanilla and continue mixing until just combined.
- With mixer on medium-low speed, slowly add flour, salt and baking soda, mixing until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Refrigerate cookie dough and freeze the cream cheese for 15-20 minutes before moving on to the next step.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoonful of cookie dough and roll into a ball, then press ball flat to make a disk. In center of disk place a teaspoon-sized scoop of cream cheese mixture, also rolled into a ball, then wrap disk around cream cheese and roll into a ball.
- Place each cookie at least 1-inch apart on an non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and cool before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com