There is something about the crunchy vegetables, the sweet mandarin oranges and the tangy Asian dressing that just gets me sooooo excited. But, even though it is a salad, a traditional Chinese Chicken Salad is actually pretty high in calories. My lighter version makes a few healthier changes to deliver a 5 Points + salad that tastes fantastic! The cabbage and toasted almond slices give it that perfect crunch, and the juicy mandarins add a delightfully sweet, yet tart, flavor. The light dressing still packs a ton of flavor, but also saves a lot of fat and calories. Pair my Weight Watchers Chinese Chicken Salad with your favorite soup for a complete meal that won’t break the Points Plus bank. Enjoy!
Fresh, crunchy and delicious, this Weight Watchers Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe is a major bargain at just 5 Points + per serving. It makes an excellent meal when paired with some soup.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 large head of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded or julienned
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted almond slices
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup light Asian style dressing (I used Trader Joe’s Sesame Soy Vinaigrette)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except almond slices, mandarin oranges, and sesame seeds. Toss well.
- Divide equally into 8 serving bowls or plates. Top each serving equally with oranges, almond slices, and sesame seeds, and serve.
- Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
- Cooking time:
- Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
- Number of servings (yield): 8
- Culinary tradition: Chinese