- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger, freshly grated
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 8 oz light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (canned chickpeas that have been rinsed and drained are fine)
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- To make the rice:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Core the cauliflower and cut the head into evenly sized pieces (don’t need to be too small, about 1 or 2 inches is fine).
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor. Pulse the cauliflower until it is evenly chopped and looks like rice.
- Spread the “rice” onto a baking sheet. Even it out so it isn’t crowded.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, prepare the curry.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil.
- Stir fry the leeks, peppers, salt and pepper.
- Cook the vegetables for about 5 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry paste. Stir until the vegetables are coated. Cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and cook, covered, for 5 minutes on low.
- Add the chickpeas and cilantro and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve the cauliflower rice topped with the chickpea curry.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups (1 cup cauliflower rice & 1/2 cup chickpea curry)
Each serving = 7 Points +
PER SERVING: 256 calories; 10g fat; 37g carbohydrates; 8g protein; 7g fiber