Thick, hearty chicken stew has an amazing flavor that the whole family loves, especially when everyone comes home from a long day at school or work. All it requires is 10 minutes of prep, followed by 8 hours of fix-and-forget cooking. We make this several times a month and it never gets old!
10 MINUTES PREP; 4-8 HOURS INACTIVE TO PREPARE, SERVES 6
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh whole mushrooms, washed and halved
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup corn
- Bacon crumbles, optional
- Arrange celery, carrots, mushrooms, corn and onion in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker. Place chicken on top of veggies.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato paste and chicken stock. Mix together thoroughly.
- Pour stock mixture and water into the slow cooker, then cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours (or on high for 4-5).
- Once finished, transfer soup to serving bowl and add bacon, optional, and serve hot.
Source: Betty Crocker
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE.. PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!