- 4 quarts cold water
- 1 fryer chicken 4-5 pounds quartered
- 2 chicken feet, or 4 chicken wings or 1 turkey wing
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and bruised
- 1 onion peeled and cut in half
- 2–3 carrots peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (about one cup)
- 2 celery ribs tops and all cut into 1 inch pieces (about one cup)
- ½ bunch fresh flat leaf parsley tied with a string
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 package thin egg noodles, or noodles of your choice
- Put all ingredients into a large stock pot, except the noodles, and slowly bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for four hours, skimming often.
- Strain the stock from the solids and discard the onion, parsley, bay leaf and peppercorns but save the chicken, and other vegetables.
- Remove skin and debone the chicken. Shred the chicken between your fingers and return the chicken to the pot with the stock.
- Return the carrots, celery and garlic to the pot with the stock and bring back to a simmer.
- Season finished soup with salt and pepper to taste. Skim off top layer of fat and discard.
- Boil water and cook noodles according to package directions however keep noodles separate from soup until you are ready to serve. Store each separately.
- Serve the soup over cooked thin egg noodles or noodle of your choice.
Source : allrecipes.com