- 1 pound store-bought gnocchi or use this recipe to make by hand
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots, finely chopped or julienned
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- If using store-bought gnocchi, bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook according to packaging directions. If using homemade, cook until gnocchi float, then remove with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and saute onion and carrots until softened, but not browned. 5-7 minutes.
- Add minced garlic during the last 2 minutes and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant.
- Season with salt and pepper and rosemary, and add chicken.
- Cook until chicken is lightly browned and coated in cooking juices.
- Pour in chicken broth and lemon juice, and stir together, then pour in heavy cream.
- Reduce stovetop heat to medium-low and stir in parmesan cheese. Sprinkle in nutmeg and let simmer for several minutes, or until thickened.
- Add gnocchi and spinach to the mixture and cook until warmed through and coated in sauce.
- Remove rosemary sprigs and serve immediately, garnished with more cheese.