- 14 EGG ROLLS
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger (I shred it on my box grater)
- 1 lb ground chicken breast (if you can’t find breast meat only in ground then you can buy a pound of chicken
- breasts and toss them in your food processor for instant ground chicken breast meat!)
- 1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- ¼ cup finely shredded carrots
- ¼ cup chopped bean sprouts
- 1 cup finely chopped shitake mushrooms
- 2 medium scallions, diced
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce (found by the other Asian sauces in your grocery store)
- 14 egg roll wrappers (these are larger than wonton wrappers and different than spring roll wrappers)
- Preheat the oven to 425. Lightly mist a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, bring the sesame and olive oils to medium heat. Add the minced garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the ground chicken and break it up small with a spoon until cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots and bean sprouts and cook for another 1-3 minutes until the mushrooms are just wilted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cabbage, scallions and Hoisin sauce. Stir together until thoroughly combined and let cool for 5 minutes or so.
- Pour some water into a small dish and set aside. On a flat surface, place an egg roll wrapper, corner facing toward you (like a diamond) and put ¼ cup of the chicken mixture on the center of the wrapper.
- Spread the mixture in a horizontal line from the left corner to the right corner of the wonton wrapper, leaving ½ inch or so of space on each side.
- Fold the bottom corner closest to you up over the ingredients and give it a 90 degree roll. Fold the side corners in and tuck them as you give the filled section another 90 degree roll. Dip your finger in the dish or reserved water and lightly wet the edges of the remaining top corner of the wrapper. Finish rolling the filled egg roll over the wet corner so that it adheres. Place wrapped egg roll onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- When all of the egg rolls are wrapped and on the baking sheets, mist the tops with cooking spray. Bake for 14-15 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the wrappers are golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutritional Info :
- WEIGHT WATCHERS SMARTPOINTS:
2 per egg roll (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
- WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
3 per egg roll (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
- 113 calories, 15 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 2 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 10 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)