All the fixings for chicken cordon bleu are baked together into a creamy and rich casserole perfect for weeknights or entertaining
- 6 to 8 servings
- 3 small chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup milk ( I used 2%)
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 8 ounces deli ham, diced
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup (or use my homemade version)
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup milk and egg. Add cut chicken pieces to milk/egg mixture to coat.
- Place panko bread crumbs on a large plate or shallow bowl. Season bread crumbs with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken using a slotted spoon over to bread crumbs. Fully coat chicken pieces in bread crumbs.
- Place breaded chicken pieces in bottom of prepared baking dish. Top chicken evenly with ham and Swiss cheese.
- Whisk together chicken soup and milk. Pour mixture evenly over meat and cheese.
- Cover pan with foil. Bake 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles or rice.