This chicken and cabbage stir fry recipe is fast and easy. The chicken is soft and tender, and the onions and cabbage melt in your mouth. Ready in just over half an hour!
Since I grew up with plenty of Czech and central European food, it’s no wonder that I love cabbage so much. Somehow, I don’t manage to eat it that often, though. I’m always so surprised at just how flavorful fried cabbage is. It’s just so good.
You really don’t need much in the way of seasoning to make this recipe taste delicious. I used your standard mild paprika, some fresh garlic, and an onion, along with the usual salt & pepper. I don’t feel like this recipe needs anything else, but you could always swap the mild paprika for hot paprika or smoked paprika if you wish.
This low-carb chicken and cabbage recipe is actually pretty healthy.
How to make a chicken and cabbage stir fry
- Cook the chicken until it’s just done, then take it out of the pan;
- Sauté the onion in butter for a few minutes;
- Add the cabbage and cook (tossing/stirring frequently) for about 10-15 minutes or until it starts to get nice and tender.
- Add the garlic and paprika;
- Finish the dish by adding the chicken back it into the pan and heating it through.
_ Natasha (saltandlavender.com)