2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1/4 cup butter
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 diced large yellow onion
dash of nutmeg
1- 10 ounce box of frozen chopped spinach – thawed*
3 cups sour cream
1/4 cup half & half
4 oz can chopped green chiles
1 tsp ground cumin
salt & cayenne pepper to taste
10- flour tortillas
8 oz grated Monterey Jack Cheese (I used a 4 cheese Mexican Blend)
1. Grease a 9 x 13 casserole pan with cooking spray or butter, preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Sauté onion and mushrooms in butter, season with salt and dash of nutmeg
4. Add spinach, sour cream, half and half, chiles, cumin, salt & cayenne. Simmer for about 3 -5 minutes.
5. Pour half of the sauce into a medium sized bowl, then add cooked chicken to the other half of the sauce.
6. Fill tortillas with chicken and sauce mixture (about 1/4 – 1/3 of a cup each), roll and lay seam side down in casserole dish
7. Layer half the cheese on top of the tortillas
8. Spread the rest of the sauce on top of the cheese
9. Top with remaining cheese
10. Place, uncovered in center of oven for 30-35 mins or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve with desired toppings, such as diced tomatoes and guacamole.
Source : allrecipes.Com