- 9 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded**
- 1/4 cup butter diced into 1 tbsp pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 2 leaves bay
- 4 cloves medium garlic minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth 6 cups water + 2 Tablespoons Better than Bullion chicken base
- 1 1/2 cups of 1% milk
- 3 medium russet potatoes peeled and diced to 1/2-inch thickness
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- Optional toppings: bacon shredded cheese, green onions, parsley
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and bay leaves and cook until the veggies begin to get tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic, plus a pinch of salt and pepper, stir, and cook about 30 seconds more.
- Add the flour, stirring constantly to combine, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the chicken broth and the milk, until most of the lumps are broken down with the whisk.
- Increase the heat slightly to medium-high.
- Add the potatoes, and bring to a low boil; reduce heat to medium low (maintain a low simmer) and cook uncovered for about 12 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and corn kernels, and cook for another 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Add toppings, if desired (not included in nutritional information), and serve immediately.
Source : allrecipes.com