The flavors of banana nut bread in a scrumptious oatmeal cookie. … As noted on my Low Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookiesrecipe
- Makes 30 servings .
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°; line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silpat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugars on medium speed.
- Add the egg, followed by the mashed banana and vanilla extract.
- Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined and no streaks of flour remain; stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until cookies become light brown at the edges.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container so you don’t eat them all in one sitting!
- Makes about 30 cookies.
Nutritional Info :
Servings: 15 • Serving Size: 2 cookies • Points +: 5 pts • Smart Points: 7
Calories: 176 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 3.5 g • Carb: 28 g • Fiber: 1.6 g • Sugar: 14 g