Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 55 mins Total time: 1 hour
Serving: 8 Servings
This Pineapple Cherry “Dump” Cake has just 5 ingredients and is probably one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make. I admit the name isn’t all too appealing, but you literally just “dump” the ingredients into the pan. There’s no stirring, beating, or prep involved that you’d normally expect when baking a dessert. It’s easy peasy. Pair this dump cake with vanilla ice cream and you have yourself one super tasty, crowd-pleasing cake.
I first tried this cake at a party and it was made by a gal in our church, Tanya M, who got the recipe from her sister Natalya K, who got the recipe from a friend, Tanya O. When a recipe makes its way around the block, you know it’s gonna be a good one! Thank you ladies for passing it along :).
- 20 oz crushed pineapple, undrained (we used Dole)
- 21 oz cherry pie filling (we used Duncan Hines)
- 1 pkg moist yellow cake mix (we used Betty Crocker)
- ½ – 1 cup shaved almonds or chopped walnuts
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Butter bottom and sides of a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Dump pineapple with juice and spread into bottom of pan. Top with cherry pie filling.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with dry cake mix, add nuts if using then drizzle the top with melted butter.
- Bake uncovered at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until bubbly and browned.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE.. PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!