- 1 pound steak tips
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup fontina cheese, grated
- 6 slices bacon, optional
- 2 white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon herbs de Provence
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- If using, cook bacon to personal preference. (Don’t make it too crispy, as it will also be baked later.)
- In a large pan or skillet over high heat sear steak tips until browned on all sides.
- Transfer steak to a plate or bowl and drain off fat, leaving 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low heat and add sliced onion. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions are softened, translucent and golden brown.
- Add minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Place steak tips in a large baking dish, add bacon strips (if using) and cover with caramelized onions and garlic.
- Top with both cheeses and sprinkle with herbs de Provence.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and steak is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Source : allrecipes.com