Is there anything better than gooey, melted cheese?! Or maybe buttery garlic bread? Mmmm… I love that this recipe for cheesy garlic breadsticks combines BOTH of those things into amazing comfort food!
And did I mention that they are crazy easy to make!? With a simple tube of Pillsbury pizza crust you can make your own freshly baked, homemade breadsticks – with the smell of freshly baked bread AND garlic filling your home. Garlic and butter make me swoon every time. These smell sooooo good!
These cheesy garlic breadsticks are awesome alongside your favourite bowl of soup. Or maybe with salad? You could even serve them on their own with a small bowl of marinara sauce for dipping. Yum!
Cheesy Cheddar Garlic Breadsticks Recipe
- Dough Recipe:
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- Garlic Cheddar Topping:
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish
- To make the dough: Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes. I used my kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and it was so easy and worked great!
- Roll the dough into a large rectangle on a large cookie sheet, or roll it out onto a 10 inch pizza pan about ¼ inch thick. Let the dough rest for another 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt the butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Brush on top of the pizza dough. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, and parmesan. Top with chopped parsley.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven and cut into strips.