|1 clove (medium sized) garlic|
|1 medium onion|
|1 stalk (medium sized) celery|
|1 lb uncooked lean (93%) ground beef|
|2 tbsp all-purpose flour|
|3 cup canned chicken broth|
|1 cup low-fat evaporated milk|
|8 oz reduced fat velveeta cheese|
|1⁄2 tsp paprika|
|1⁄4 tsp table salt|
|1⁄8 tsp black pepper|
|24 baked corn tortilla chips|
|1 cooking spray|
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add garlic, onion and celery to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Coat a 3 quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray; spoon in vegetables.
- Place same skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 to 6 minutes; pour off any liquid and add meat to the slow cooker.
- In a small cup, combine flour and 1/2 cup of broth; stir until lump free.
- Pour flour mixture into skillet; add remaining 2 1/2 cups of broth.
- Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits in bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon, then pour into the slow cooker. Stir in evaporated milk, cheese, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on Low setting for 2 hours.
- Serve soup topped with crumbled tortilla chips.
- Note: If the soup cooks too long, the cheese could separate.
- If that happens, combine 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup of soup in a cup; stir to a paste.
- Stir flour mixture back into soup in the slow cooker; cover and cook on Low setting for 10 to 15 minutes (does not affect POINTS values).
- Per serving: 7 SmartPoints; 6 PointsPlus; 5 POINTS (old)
Source : allrecipes.Com