- 3 slices bacon
- 1 (1 pound) loaf round sourdough bread
- 8 (1 ounce) slices Cheddar cheese, or more as needed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until halfway cooked, about 5 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels; cut crosswise into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Cut slits halfway through bread in two directions creating a checkerboard pattern. Slip Cheddar cheese slices and bacon pieces into the slits.
- Mix butter and ranch dressing mix together in a small bowl; pour over bread, allowing to drip into the slits. Wrap entire loaf in a sheet of aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Unwrap bread and return to baking sheet; bake until cheese is melted and bacon is crisp, about 10 more minutes.