8. Moms and dads were once their kids. They know everything about them! Were they good students? Good at sports? Did they fight with their brothers and sisters? Sweet, softie grandparents today were once tough, rule-making parents themselves. Tread lightly, mom and dad, lest grandma tells your daughter about that time you cut your own hair and wanted to drop out of school.
9. No one reads a book like a grandparent. They know how to make a book come to life and reading to the grandkids is one of the great pleasures.
10. Grandpa probably knows how to bait a hook. Grandsons and granddaughters will learn all sorts of things from their grandparents that they may not learn anywhere else.
11. Grandma is the best baker in the family. Lucky kids love spending time with her in the kitchen, watching how she mixes things together to make a goodie that’s better than anything anyone ever bought in a store.
12. They’re not afraid to be goofy. If it makes the kids crack up, they are for sure going to do it.
14. When tears fall on a grandparent’s shoulder, they’ll make it all better. From a boo-boo when kids are little to the heartbreak of losing a first high school love, they will always listen and comfort.
15. Kids can see their own faces when they look at their grandparents. Hey! That’s my nose! Wow! My grandma has the same laugh as I do!
HOW WILL YOU AND YOUR KIDS CELEBRATE THEM THIS YEAR?
Make a phone call, go see them, take them flowers, bake them cookies, take them to a movie… there are so many ideas to celebrate grandmas and grandpas.
TO CONTINUE READING, PLEASE USE NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW .. AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON FACEBOOK.