If you have never celebrated Grandparent’s Day before, this is the year to start. This year (2019) their day is Sunday, September 8th. Grandparents, no matter how far or near to us they live, can be counted on in every situation. They show up, love unconditionally, and are a blessing to you and your kids. They deserve a special day all their own.
15 REASONS TO START CELEBRATING THEM THIS YEAR.
1. When one of the kids are sick, grandparents who live nearby show up like a whirlwind of love. They cook, clean, care for the kids and whatever else those grandbabies need.
2. No one cares too much about who made the mess at grandma & grandpa’s house. They’ll clean it themselves, and they will be happy to do it. Kids have plenty to pick up and clean at home.
3. Cookies aren’t for breakfast at home, but they might be at the grandparent’s house. Of course, they know cookies aren’t exactly healthy. They also know that a cookie for breakfast now and again isn’t going to do any permanent damage.
4. Yes, grandparents will let grandkids stay up late. You’d like to have them in bed by 8 on school nights, of course. But Saturday night at grandma’s house is probably going to go a little later than that. (Hello midnight.)
5. There are no better hugs than those you get from grandpa and grandma. How are they so good?
6. Their advice comes from a lifetime of wins and losses. Experience is the best teacher.
7. The very best audience for an impromptu song or dance is grandparents. They truly love every dance misstep, every botched lyric, and every magic trick that will only work if they close their eyes.