- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 1 tbsp half and half
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 35 slices Hormel mini turkey pepperoni, or 2oz real pepperoni
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with non-fat cooking spray.
- Using a vegetable steamer, or the microwave, steam cauliflower until tender. Transfer hot cauliflower to blender or food processor and add in butter, half and half, 1 tsp garlic powder, ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, 1/ 2 of the pepperoni slices, and salt & pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Pour cauliflower puree into baking dish. Use a spatula to even out the surface. Top with the pizza sauce, and use a spoon or spatula to spread it evenly over the cauliflower, making sure not to mix it into the cauliflower. Top with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and remaining tsp of garlic powder.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes. Cut into 4 equally sized pieces and serve.
Please note that in the photo, you’ll see large slices of pepperoni. This is because by the time I was ready to take a photo, I had run out of the Hormel Turkey Pepperoni and had to use large, deli sliced pepperoni instead. You can do this as well, if you’d prefer not to use turkey pepperoni. Just use a total of 2oz real pepperoni in order to keep the Points + value at 5.
- Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
- Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
- Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein, Gluten free
- Number of servings (yield): 4
- Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
- Calories: 214
- Fat: 7
- Protein: 17Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 pieces
Each serving = 5 Smartpoints
PER SERVING: 214 calories; 7g fat; 17g carbohydrates; 17g protein; 7g fiber